Getting injured in any type of accident can throw your whole life off-balance. It can happen in an instant, but the resulting injuries can last forever. All of the sudden you have pain to deal with, doctor’s appointments to make, mounting medical bills you were not planning for, and the daunting task of navigating legal processes to get monetary recovery for the losses you have sustained. It is more than you should handle by yourself. The West Virginia accident injury attorneys at Hewitt & Salvatore are here so our clients can lean on us during some of their most difficult times. We provide the individual client attention you need to feel comfortable going down the legal path ahead.
Common Types of Accidents in Fayetteville & Beckley, WV
There is a wide range of accident types that can lead to injuries, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Car, truck, motorcycle, ATV, and UTV accidents all involve different nuances in the law and injury claim process. However, they can all result in severe injuries and extensive damages. Whether it was a distracted driver, someone driving under the influence, or a person not taking care to follow the rules of the road and respect the rights of other drivers, you deserve to be compensated for the injuries you sustained because of the other driver’s negligence.
- Workplace: Construction sites, mines, warehouses, factories, and other workplaces are supposed to be kept safe for employees. When someone has failed to take reasonable steps to ensure a secure workplace, people can get hurt and the injuries can be fatal. If you or someone you love has been injured at work, you need to evaluate your legal options as soon as possible. These types of claims can be complicated as they involve high damage amounts and possibly more than one responsible party.
- Slip and Fall: Property owners and managers have a duty to keep premises reasonably safe and free from hazards. If you have been injured on another’s property because they failed to do this, you have a right to be compensated for your injuries.
No matter what type of accident occurred, injuries can be extensive and have lasting effects. Common accident injuries include:
- Head: concussion and traumatic brain injuries
- Skin injuries: lacerations, abrasions, burns and road rash
- Neck and back injuries: Damage to the cervical and lumbar spinal discs, nerve damage, and soft tissue injuries
- Bone breaks and fractures
- Loss of sight
- Loss of hearing
Make sure you seek medical evaluation after any type of accident. Even if you do not feel too hurt, delayed symptoms may appear later on. Failing to seek immediate medical attention can jeopardize any claim for monetary compensation you may seek later on.
Recovering Your Losses
If you have been the victim of someone else’s negligence, you are legally entitled to recover the damages you have incurred. You can receive monetary compensation for things such as:
- Medical expenses: This includes all of the costs associated with getting the medical attention you need for your injuries. It can include radiographic studies, pain management, physical therapy, etc. Additionally, you can recover the cost of traveling to and from all of your medical appointments.
- Future medical expenses: Sometimes injuries require ongoing care and pain management. You are entitled to recover compensation for future medical treatment living with your injuries will require.
- Lost wages: if you missed work as a result of your injuries, you are entitled to be reimbursed for this loss.
- Loss of future earning capacity: If your injury prevented you from making as much money as you did prior to the accident, you may seek compensation for the resulting earning disparity.
- Pain and suffering: Being injured in an accident can lead to anxiety, depression, and a loss of enjoyment of life. Maybe you had to give up a beloved hobby or your personal relationships have been affected. You might have sought out therapy or counseling to cope with everything. These are all compensable damages.
A knowledgeable accident attorney will be able to investigate all possible damages you may have sustained and sought compensation for them accordingly. It requires a close analysis and attention to details. It also requires an attorney that will give you individualized attention in order to most effectively represent your accident claim.
Accident Lawyer Serving the People of Fayette & Raleigh County
At Hewitt & Salvatore, we are here for our clients. That is why we provide unparalleled client support and dedicated legal representation. We know we have the foundational legal knowledge of accident claims and the experience to successfully fight for the rights of the injured. Contact an accident attorney today.