If you think you may have purchased a “lemon” in West Virginia, there are some things you should know about the law, your rights, and your options. There is a lot of speculation about lemon laws and what you can do about a defective vehicle. With the help of an experienced, skilled West Virginia lemon law attorney, you can discover if you qualify for compensation and find out how to file a claim. Here, we have addressed some common misnomers on problematic vehicles so you can better understand the law and how it protects your consumer rights.
Lemon Law Myths
- Myth: West Virginia lemon laws apply to the sale of many types of vehicles, including cars, trucks, vans, SUVs, and some motor homes.
- Fact: The vehicles must come with warranties and meet lemon law repair guidelines. Also, lemon laws apply to leased vehicles, in addition to purchased ones.
- Myth: Lemon laws only apply to new vehicles.
- Fact: Used vehicles may be covered under lemon laws if the vehicles were sold to consumers with a warranty.
- Myth: I cannot bring a lemon law claim if my warranty is expired.
- Fact: You may still be able to file a lemon law claim against the manufacturer if the defects were discovered while the warranty was still active.
- Myth: If the vehicle has been restored to good condition, I cannot file a lemon law claim.
- Fact: If you have a record of the repairs, you can still bring a lemon law claim and seek compensation for money that was lost as a result of defects.
- Myth: You must use legal arbitration to attempt to resolve your situation before filing a claim against the dealer or manufacturer.
- Fact: While some auto manufacturers or dealers will request you submit a claim to legal arbitration, West Virginia law states you do not have to go this route, so you can choose to hire an lemon law attorney to file your lawsuit immediately.
How We Can Help
When it comes to West Virginia lemon laws, it can make all the difference to talk to a skilled Fayetteville Lemon Law Attorney. At Hewitt & Salvatore, PLLC, Attorneys at Law, our attorneys have helped thousands of Fayetteville and Beckley, West Virginia clients get fair compensation after a bad experience. Contact our lemon law lawyers right away to discuss your situation. One call, that’s all.