Most people view fender benders as nothing more than a minor annoyance. However, minor fender benders can have major consequences, many of which require the help of a West Virginia auto accident attorney. Below are some reasons that you may need to hire an attorney following a minor fender bender.
Dealing with insurance companies can be difficult
It’s not uncommon to end up battling it out with an insurance company after a minor car accident. Insurance companies will often deny liability, dispute your damages, insist on a low settlement offer, and even reject your claim if they think they can get away with it. If your insurance company is making the resolution of your claim difficult, then you probably need to hire an attorney to deal with the issue.
Fender benders aren’t always as minor as they appear
No car accident is as simple as it may seem, even if you don’t believe any injuries were sustained in the crash. Even if minor damage was incurred, you may be entitled to more compensation than you realize. West Virginia recognizes a variety of damages, and the only way to determine if you may be eligible for financial compensation is to contact an auto accident attorney for guidance.
Fender bender checklist
You may need legal assistance for a minor fender bender if any of the following circumstances are present in your situation:
- Your pain has increased since the accident.
- Your symptoms have worsened since the accident.
- A doctor has diagnosed you with an injury or recommends medication, treatment, or follow-up care.
- Present and future medical bills add up to $5000 or more.
- The vehicle was destroyed or the cost of repairing the damage to your vehicle is above $5000.
- You went to the emergency room, hospital, or rode in an ambulance after your accident.
- You are in a dispute with another party about who is at fault or how much your damages are worth.
- The insurance company is attempting to limit or eliminate your recovery
- You are unfamiliar with the legal system and need guidance on how to recover your damages.
Involved in a West Virginia fender bender? Contact us today!
If you’ve been involved in a West Virginia fender bender, you may be entitled to financial compensation. However, in order to recover for your injuries, you need the assistance of a West Virginia auto accident attorney. An experienced West Virginia personal injury lawyer will help you determine the proper course of action based on your injuries. At Hewitt & Salvatore, we pride ourselves on providing personal attention to each of our clients, and we’ll treat your fender bender case as our top priority while giving you the respect you deserve. You can trust us to see your claim through to a successful conclusion. Please contact our office today for a consultation.